Its time of winter,chillness spread around,roaming with fur coats and sweat shirts. Tastebuds tempting to drink something hot.I felt a cup of hot and sour soup would be of best choice that would satisfy my thirst. How can I forget to share with you all the recipe to tempt you more.I tried out this recipe from website with little modifications done to suit my taste.
Finely chopped vegetables -1 cup
(Carrot,beans,cabbage,spring onion white)
Green chillies -1
Spring onion green – 1 tbsp
Garlic -1 pod
Red chilli sauce -1/2 tsp (optional)
sugar 1/2 tsp
Cornflour -1 tblsp
Pepper powder -1 tsp
Lemon juice -1/2 tsp
Oil – 1/4 tsp
Salt as required
- Heat oil in a vessel and add slit green chillies and remove it (to give just flavor)
- Add finely chopped garlic & sugar and saute.
- Now add in the chopped vegetables and saute for just 2 minutes and pour 3 cups of water and bring to boil with salt.
- At this stage make a paste of cornflour and add to the soup.
- When you get the soup consistency add soy sauce,redchilli sauce and lemon juice and mix well.
- Add pepper powder and transfer to a serving bowl.
|Hot & Sour veg soup|
- Do not add more soy sauce as it spoils the taste.
- Cornflour paste is to give thick consistency for the soup.