For paneer lovers,I am sure that Paneer Tomato gravy would be a new style of side dish for Chapathi/Roti/Phulkas. I learned this recipe from my friend cum neighbour. From that time this gravy become one of my favorites after I tried out.This recipe has quite long process and can’t be cooked when we are in hurry. But try this recipe when you have a guest/get together which is going to be of new taste.
- Corn flour-2 tsp
- Maida – 2 tsp
- R.chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsptsp
- Salt -1/2 tsp
- Paneeer -250 gm
- Onion -2
- Tomato small-2
- Jeera – 1 tsptsp
- Capsicum -1 small size
- Ginger -1/4 tsp
- Garlic -1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Green chillies -1
- Dhania powder -2 tsp
- Powdered cashew – 3 tsp
- Kasurimethi -1 handful
- Fresh cream -1 tsp
- Coriander leaves
- Cut the paneer in lengthwise and marinate it with the given ingredients and leave for 20 minutes.
- Make a fine paste of tomato and capsicum.
- Heat oil in a tawa and toast the paneer till they fried with slight brownish colour and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan : add jeera and let it splutter.
- Now add finely chopped ginger,garlic,slit green chillies and saute just twice.
- Add the finely chopped 1 onion and fry well. Put in the spices red chilli powder, dhania powder and fry in low flame.
- Now add the tomato,capsicum paste,salt and cook well till raw smell goes off.
- When oil oozes out add required water for gravy consistency
- Add the cube shaped cut onion,kasurimethi,fresh cream, cashew powder.
- Now add in the toasted paneer and saute for some time.
- Garnish chopped coriander leaves.
|Paneer Tomato ggrazvy|
Note: If fresh cream is not available here is an alternate tip.
- If you have the thick milk layer stored in your fridge, nicely stir with a beater till you get a creamy form. Now this can be used in the dish instead of fresh cream.
- I mostly follow this process because freshcream will get spoiled soon as we do not use regularly.