Sesame is one of the oldest seeds which we still use in Indian food.They are rich in copper, manganese and also in dietary
fiber.It reduces cholesterol,prevents blood pressure and also acts as antioxidant.Though sesame has lots of medicinal properties,we are unaware how to use in regular dishes we do. I will come back with more recipes using sesame.
Bread – 6 slices
Sesame seeds ( white)- 2 tsp
Onion – 3
Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Jaggery -1 tsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves -1 tsp
Salt as required
Ghee for toasting
- Roast the sesame seeds in kadai till you get the aroma. I fried for 10 minutes in slow fire.
- Heat oil in a pan,add finely chopped onions and fry well worth little salt.Then add finely chopped tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Now add R.chilli powder, turmeric powder,garam masala and fry well till the raw smell goes off.
- Add the jaggery, sesame,coriander leaves and fry well for sometime and now the stuffing is ready.
- Stuff the prepared masala between the bread and toast both sides with ghee and sprinkle some sesame seed on top of it.
Tip: Unhulled sesame seeds can be stored in cool and dry place. Hulled sesame seeds should be stored in refrigerator as they become rancid in few days.