This method of making powder out of raw banana is purely originated from kerala. When I was reading an ayurvedic book,I found out this recipe and felt to try out for feeding my little one when he was 8 months. I was in bit confusion how will it work out as am trying for the first time. But my try was not in vain. I do make this powder and store it for making porridge for my kid
I have known from few other people that this powder can also be used for making in ice cream, milk shakes and halwa….. But other than making porridge I have not tried out any other recipes. I do try out sdomne recipes from this powder,when it works out good…surely I will update.
Raw Nendran banana/plantain -3
- Remove the skin of the banana and put inside the water. (This step is done just for the banana not becoming sticky while chopping.
- Take out the banana from water and cut in thin round slices.
- Spread in a paper or cloth and allow it to dry in hot sun for about 2 to 3 days.
- After the slices get dried of they give a sounds like collection of coins. It means that the banana is completely dried.
- Now grind the dried bananas in a blender to make it a fine powder.
- Sieve and then store in a container for future use.
- This banana powder is used mainly to make porridge for infants from their 6 the month onwards.
- They can also be used in preparation of ice creams,milkshakes and halwa.
For Banana powder recipes :