Bittergourd is a healthiest vegetable which has enormous benefits,but has side effects too. It gives a remedy for diabetes by lowering blood sugar levels,piles, blood purification process,weight loss and serves as immune booster. Side effects are shown in pregnant/lactating women,children, patient with G-6PD and low blood blood sugar.
Bitter gourd -2 (thin sliced/finely chopped)
Tamarind water -3 cups (taken from lemon sized )
Chilli powder -1 tsp
Green chilli -1
Garlic -4 pods
Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
Coriander powder -3 tsp
Jaggery – 1 tsp
Salt as required
Oil -1 tsp (optional)
Grated coconut -2 tbsp
- Add all the ingredients except coconut,in a round bottom vessel. Close the lid and cook in medium flame till the raw smell of tamarind goes off.
- Before 5 minutes of switching off the stove add coconut and cook.
- Because the bitter gourd is not fried, it retains the original flavor and bitterness.
- So this recipe can be tried out for patients with diabetes anHerer bittergourd lovers.
- This is a very simple process and does not consume too much time to stand and cook.
- Here in the picture I posted,I added coconut oil and skipped adding coconut. You can do either of the method.