The recipe sukku rasam/dry ginger rasam is a traditional method prepared in village sides of tamilnadu.This rasam is not generally prepared at all times but mainly during winter season as they serves as better remedy for cough and cold. Here we use the spices of masala box as a main course of ingredient. Also this recipe is very simple to prepare and recipe is suitable for all age groups except infants because of its spiciness.
Garlic -1 full
Horse gram -1 tsp
Curry leaves -1 stick
Pepper corns -1 tsp
Coriander seeds -1 and half tsp
Jeera -1 tsp
Dry ginger/sukku -1 inch size
Asafoetida(Resin form) – 4 to 5 small pieces as shown in the picture
Oil -3 to 4 drops
Mustard -a pinch taken
Salt as required
- Grind together all the ingredients to a fine paste in a blender.
- Add the drops of oil in a pan,allow mustard to splutter and add few curry leaves.
- Now add the grinded paste and required water (about 2 cups), salt and boil nicely till the raw smell goes off.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with hot rice or taken even as soup.
|Dry Ginger/Sukku Rasam|
- If you do not have any of these ingredients you can leave and add rest of the ingredients.
- Its not required to garnish with coriander leaves, but if you would like the flavor you can add.
- The quantity of each ingredient should be like shown in the picture. If you reduce the quantity of any ingredient,then gradually reduce all items.