Indian curries are incomplete without garlic -a simple ingredient packed with vital nutrients and health benefits.Rather than stating garlic a medicinal herb,we can say it as miracle herb.Allicin a vital component present in garlic acts as anti-bacterial,antiviral, anti-fungus and antioxidant. It has blood thinning property reducing blood pressure,cholesterol, protecting heart,improves iron metabolism in body and prevents from toothaches and many more which cannot be elaborated in short. Here is a chutney out of the medicinal herb.
Garlic -2 full
Dry red chilly -3
Salt as required
Oil -1 tbsp
Mustard -1/2 tsp
Curry leaves -few
- Heat oil in a pan,fry garlic and red chilli until soft, then add chopped tomatoes and cook until mushy.
- Allow it to cool down and grind in a blender.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the tempering of frying mustard and curry leaves.
- Serve with hot idly/dosa/paniyaram/uthappam.
|Idly with garlic chutney|
- Do not add tamarind as the tomato has a tangy taste.