This is a normal stir fry in an usual method,but the only difference is adding Kala jeera (black cumin seeds ) gives a fine flavour for the fry. This Kala jeera is cultivated in the region of Rajasthan and in borders of MP. I learnt this recipe from one of my collegue from Bengal. This is found to be the ancient Indian spices and are widely used in delivery care of mothers,good for eyes,relieves from vomitting and also used in children medicines. They do have any recorded side effects unless consumed in limited quantity.
Lady’s finger -1/2 kg
Black cumin seeds -1 tsp
Dry red chillies -4
Turmeric powder -2 pinches
Salt as required
Oil -3 tbsp
- Wash and clean the lady ‘s finger and let it get drained off without water and then chop to fine pieces.
- Heat oil in thick kadai/pan, add black cumin and chillies.
- Saute for a while and add chopped lady’s finger. Fry well in medium flame until the stickiness goes off.
- Once the vegetable is half cooked, add salt and turmeric powder.close the lid and cook u til the lady’s finger is fried completely.
- Just serve this with sambar/rasam or with any variety rices.
|Lady’s finger fried in black cumin|
- Do not add more turmeric powder as you will loss the greenish tint. You can also add a pinch of sugar to retain its green color.
- To get rid of stickiness cut and refrigerate the lady’s finger previous night or add a tsp of curd while frying.