More than just a garnishing herb, mint leaves are found to have many beneficial effects.They help to get revealed from indigestion, fights oral infection, gives a glowing skin, boosts up immunity,beats stress,depression,morning sickness in pregnant women.so we should take care that mint leaves should not be fried more to retain its nutritional values.
Mint leaves/Pudhina -1 cup
Black gram dal/black urad – 2 tsp
Channa dal -1 tsp
Green chilli- 2
Oil -1 tsp
Tamarind – bean sized
Salt as required
- Heat oil in kadai and fry channa dal and urad dal till they turn golden brown color.
- Add shallots,green chilli and fry for 2 minutes
- Now add mint leaves,tamarind and saute for a while. Take care that the leaves retain its colour and not burnt.
- Transfer to blender and grind to a fine paste.
- Do not fry the mint leaves too much as they might lose their original aroma.
- Try to use black gram dal while making chutneys in the aspect of health benefits.