Usually chutneys are very simple to make and are best side dish for idli/dosa.Onions and tomatoes are all time available ingredient in the kitchen storeroom and making chutney out of it is also very simple too. Here I have shared a very simpler way of preparing onion chutney in mixing with tomato sweetness. I would choose to prepare this chutney most of the time.This chutney does not require any tempering too.
Onion -2 big sized
Dry red chilli -2
Salt -1/4 tsp
Oil -1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan,fry chopped onion and red chilly,saute for a while.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and fry well until the tomatoes are cooked mushy or till they turn slight golden brown.
- Allow it to cool,add salt and grind to a fine paste.
- Serve with dosa or idli of your choice.
- Only note to taken care is, fry well until the raw smell goes off before grinding.
- Cut the onions and tomatoes in big pieces