When we look deep into a really good digestive component there comes the enzymes(break’s macromolecules of food substances to small building blocks by which body can absorb). Raw green papaya is amazingly packed with vitamins,enzymes and phytonutrients.They help in raising the enzyme levels and uptake of nutrients,thereby strengthening a natural immune system.
The enzyme Papain is found only in papaya,which is more effective than pepsin(enyme activated only in acidic pH) and can digest protein in any pH of stomach environment.
Raw papaya -2 cups (chopped in square shape)
Jeera -1 tsp
Ginger -1 inch size
Green chilli -2
Red chilli powder -1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
Coriander powder -2 tsp
Garam masala -1 tsp
Salt as required
Chopped coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
Oil -3 tbsp
- Peel the outer skin of papaya, cut and remove the seeds. Then wash cleanly until no milk oozing out.
- Grind the tomato,ginger and green chillies to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan,add jeera and let it splutter.
- Add finely chopped onions and fry well followed by adding grinded paste.
- Saute for 3 minutes and add all spice powders and fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Add the chopped papaya and salt. Add required water (upto the papaya gets covered) cover with a lid and cook until the fruit becomes soft.
- Finally add in chopped coriander leaves.
- Take care to use complete raw papaya, if not you get a sweeter form of curry.
- Add jeera powder if you require additional flavor.