Potato is one of my most favorite veggie I can say. It doesn’t matter whether it is in sambar, varuval,poriyal, gravy or anything. So I always have a passion towards cooking potatoes. From past 3 years I have a passion and grabbing for potato recipes,especially baby potatoes.Because of its small and tiny size it suits good for making deep fried recipes, sauted recipes and gravies for pulav. I learnt this recipe of frying the baby potatoes in garlic and chilli flakes from one of my neighbor from Andra. It really tastes awesome not just in words,but am sure its a gift for potato lovers…cheers the spicy and please I don’t want anyone to miss this yummy potatoes.
Baby potatoes -1/2 kg
Dry red chillies -5 to 6
Garlic -8 to 10
Salt as required
Oil -3 tbsp
|Yummy potato fry|
- Wash and pressure cook the potatoes with little salt and then peel off the skin.
- Grind the red chillies and garlic as coarse powder. It means just give 2 pulse in the mixer for the garlic &chillies to get broken to fine pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the coarse paste until the raw smell goes off.
- Then add the potatoes,sprinkle little salt and keep sauting till the masala gets bind up and potatoes gets fried in the chilli flakes.
- You can fry for about 15 minutes approximately.
- Serve hot either as starter or along with rice and rasam.
|Baby potato fried in chilli flakes|
- Cook in low flame to avoid burnt smell,because we do not add even a drop of water.
- If the potatoes are big cut into 2 halves.
- The color in my potato is because of the chilli variety (I used 4 byadgi chilli to give color and 1 regular chilli to give spicy)