Here is an another hit for Potato lovers…yes!! Baby Potato Tikka fry. The term tikka is a type of Indian or Pakistani food. Usually Tikkas are made from the mixture of aromatic spices with a blend of yogurt. This blended masalas are used to marinate the Baby potatoes and fry them in a thick flat bottomed pan/Skillet. I didn’t toast them on tawa because I wanted the marinated masalas to be blended well with potatoes and get fried along with it.
Ginger garlic paste -1 tsp
1. Pressure cook the potatoes and peel off the skin.
Marinate the potatoes with Chilli powder, turmeric powder,garam masala, yogurt, Lemon juice and salt. Set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a flat skillet, add the marinated potatoes and stir well in low flame.
When the oil starts oozing out, garnish with Kasuri methi and coriander leaves.
3. Stir for about a minute and put off the flame.
Serve hot as a starter or just eat like that as snack.
|Baby Potato tikka Fry|
- If you do not have Lemon juice, add a tbsp of Tomato sauce while cooking.
- I preferred this tikka to be in dry form, If you would like have it in gravy consistency, increase the ingredients to marinate and cook along with a tsp of Coriander powder.
- Kasuri methi is purely optional, I just love the flavor when fried with Potato.
|Potato Tikka Fry|