I have posted earlier the method of making powder out of raw nendran banana. This Nendran banana powder though used for many purpose,at the most used to prepare porridge for babies from their 7th onwards. This porridge is highly nutritious for the growing buds. Please refer to the baby care tips for further concerns.
1. Mix the banana powder to a fine paste with 1/4 glass of water.
2. Boil the water in a bowl/vessel. Meanwhile grate the jaggery into fine scales and add to it. Once the jaggery dissolves filter out for impurities if any.
3. Now add the paste to the boiling water and keep stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
4. Cook in a low flame for about 10 minutes. To this add milk and let it boil for 2 minutes. To this finally add the ghee.
5. Allow it to cool and transfer to a serving bowl and feed healthy.
|Banana powder porridge|
- Adding of sugar/jaggery should be in introduced after 1 year. Till then avoid adding any sweetener.
- Do not put the powder directly into the boiling water, as they will form lumps
- Instead of palm jaggery you can use any jaggery/sugar of your choice,but prefer always to feed healthier foods.