This recipe of sweet poha is usually given in temples in our place and an instant and fast sweet prepared in just 5 minutes. So during the festivals we usually prepare just one plate of it and serve in front of God. But whenever I soak Aval/poha to prepare my breakfast never forget to mix these ingredients below and eat at least 2 spoons. Just thought why can’t I share this simple and mild taste into your kitchen.
Aval/Beaten Rice -3/4 cup
Grated coconut -1/2 cup
Gram dal -2 tbsp
Sugar -3 tsp
Jaggery -2 tsp
- Soak the Beaten rice/Aval/Avalaki for about 5 minutes and drain the water out completely.
- To this add all the above ingredients,mix well and eat using a spoon.
- You can also make small small balls as I have made.
- You can prepare this whenever you soak poha/aval.
- When you are planning to prepare a simple prasadham for temple, you can choose this simple and easy festive recipe.
- As per my friend Anu..(see below in comments) you can also add a pinch of cardamom powder to it.
Sharing is Caring, So please share