Coriander leaves is also called as Cilantro, which is a wonderful source of Dietary fiber, Manganese, Magnesium and Iron. They are also rich in Vitamin C, K and also Calcium. Coriander leaves helps in reducing the Bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol levels (HDL). It promotes Liver function, Bowel movements and can be called as good and safe food for digestive system.Phytonutrients present in coriander protects from free radical damage.They also has anti-inflammatory properties, anti-bacterial property against Salmonella ( a bacteria which causes typhoid fever and food poisoning).
Coriander leaves -2 cups
Black gram dal -3 tbsp
Channa dal -1 tsp
Tamarind – 1/2 inch
Coconut -3 tbsp
Green chilli -2
Oil -1 tbsp
Salt as required.
- Heat oil in a pan, fry black gram dal until golden brown and set aside.
- In the same pan fry green chillies and then coriander leaves until the leaves gets swirled.
- Allow it to cool down and grind along with coconut,salt and tamarind to a fine paste.
- Serves to be a best side dish for idli and Dosa.
- Instead of black gram dal,you can also add white urad dal.
- Adding coconut is optional.
Sharing is Caring, So please share