Mango is the king of fruits…and season of mangoes started as of now. We find raw mangoes in basket full everywhere. Being a mango lover I started my purchase and tasting mango varieties. After using a raw mango,half was left out and was thinking so much what to prepare with that. We usually make tamarind curry and tamarind juice was left over..so felt why can’t we cook this raw mango with the tamarind juice like one of my colleague from Kerala.
There I started trying out. It worked out good and is very simple to make also. You can store this in refrigerator for 3 days so its really a boon for bachelors and working women and also for the ladies who are bored of cooking only for herself when husband is out of station/when they don’t carry their lunch.
Grated Raw mango -1 cup
Tamarind -amla size
Mustard -1/2 tsp
Dry red chilli -2
Chili powder -1 tsdp
Turmeric powder -3 pinches
Coriander powder -2 tsp
Salt as required
Gingelly oil -1 tbsp
Garlic -3 pods
Curd -3 tbsp
- Soak the tamarind and extract the pulp. Cut the garlic into slices.
- Heat oil in pan,fry red chillies and add mustard and let it splutter.
- Add garlic and saute for a while.
- Now add the tamarind juice, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and cook in medium flame until raw smell goes off.
- Now add the mango and mix well until the mango gets cooked soft.
- When the tamarind and mango gets blended together add the curd and mix well.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy the tangy taste.
|Maangai Puli curry|
- You can use this pachadi either to mix with rice,side dish for curd rice and curd semiya.
- Even you can add 2 tsp of curd at the end of cooking and eat directly.
- I added more tamarind juice in my curry as I wanted to mix with rice and take.
- If you want as side dish reduce the tamarind juice little so that mango flavors more.