Chilli chutney…. when I say the word I start mouth watering. This chutney has taken part in my frequent recipe along with Sambar when prepared. Went with family for trip to all temples in South. Fine morning, chilled climate but no hotels found around.. Searching for long way found breakfast served on small hut. I had this chutney there first. Wow, really spicy for cold climate along with Sambar, a best combination for Idli I say. From there the recipe came along.. Thanks for that old couple who served us.
- Grind all the above ingredients except Lemon juice to a fine paste.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Chutney is ready to serve… yummy spicy with Idlis and dosas.
- Do not add water while grinding as the onion itself will have enough water.
- While adding red chillies take care not to add the spice ones. I used Byadgi Chilli which gives the flavor and color.
- If you are using a very spiced variety of red chilli then add half to 1 number.
- If you feel the chutney is too much spicy, then grind additional onion or squeeze little more lemon juice.
|Chilli Chutney with Vendaya Idli|