Millets serves as a substitute for Rice because they release less percentage of glucose over long period of time. Hence they lower the risk of diabetes this batter prepared using the millets can be used as substitute for normal dosas/paniyaram for people with diabetes. These millets also contain collective of various other nutrients, vitamins,minerals, calcium, iron and many more.
Idli/dosa rice -1 cup
|Soaked millets for grinding|
- Wash all the above ingredients for removing the dusts if any. Then soak in water for about 6 hours or even overnight.
- Grind using a blender or grinder to a fine paste and transfer to a wide mouth vessel and add salt.
- Mix well with your hands and keep the vessel closed and undisturbed for about 8 hours to get fermentation.
- Then mix well the batter evenly and make fine dosas with ghee/groundnut oil/gingelly oil for better taste.
- After grinding the batter mix well using your hand to get the batter fermented better.
- You can either add salt before fermentation or while making dosa. It purely depends on how you usually add.