Moong Dal fry is a simple and nutritious side dish that be prepared for Roti/Chappathi/Rice. This dal fry is a Protein rich substitute providing the required amount of energy which gets easily digested too.. because this dal fry is a blended combination of Green gram dal along with Split Moong Dal suiting for all age groups with vital health benefits. Here is the recipe to go with..
Green gram dal -1/2 cup
Split Moong dal – 1/2 cup
Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
Garlic -5 pods
Tomato – 1 Big size
Jeera -1/4 tsp
Green chillies -3-4
Ghee -2 tsp
Oil -1 tbsp
Salt as required.
1. Wash the Moong dal and Green gram dal together.
2. Finely chop the Onion,Garlic and Tomatoes. Slit the green chillies.
3. Pressure cook dal with sufficient water adding Ghee and turmeric powder.
4. Heat oil in a pan, add jeera. Let it splutter.
5. Now add the chopped garlic and saute for few seconds.
6. Then add chopped Onion, green chillies and fry well.
7. Add in the Tomatoes and sprinkle little salt and cook until soft and mushy.
8. Now add the pressure cooked Dal to it and mix well.
9. Add required water, Salt and let it boil for about 10 minutes.
10. Finally add in chopped coriander leaves. mix well and transfer to a serving bowl.
|Lentils Dal fry
- If you find the dal is not cooked properly, cook for another 4-5 whistles.
- Green gram takes longer time to cook when compared with moong dal. So you can pressure cook green gram dal and then to this add split moong dal and pressure cook along with it.
- Take care when jeera is sizzling that not getting burnt.
Sharing is Caring, So please share