Coriander leaves -1 tsp
- Wash and pressure cook the potatoes for about 2-3 whistles. Once the pressure is down,peel off the skin and smash roughly and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan/vessel, add mustard and let it splutter.
- Along with it add Cinnamon, Cloves and add the thin sliced Onions, Chillies, Curry leaves and fry well until slight golden brown.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and cook until mushy.
- Now add the smashed potatoes, 2-3 cups water, salt, Turmeric powder and let it boil for about 15 minutes.
- Finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Do not smash the potato completely. Leave few big pieces too as shown in the picture.
- If you want the masala to be watery add little more water. I prefer to be the masala always in thick consistency.
- Click here to know about how to make fluffy poori
|Poori and Masaal|