Baby potatoes -1 cup
- Wash the potatoes and pressure with 1/4 tsp of salt for 2-3 whistles.
- Once the pressure is down, drain the water and peel off the skin. Cut the potatoes into two halves and keep aside.
- Boil the peas in separate vessel with adequate water until they are cooked.
- Now make a coarse paste of the ingredients given to grind.
- Grind the tomatoes separately and keep aside.
- Heat oil in thick pan,add the onion paste and saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Now add tomato paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, dhania powder,garam masala and keep frying.
- On the other side heat a pan with a tsp of butter and fry the potatoes for just 5 minutes.
- Once the oil starts oozing out of the gravy,add the butter fried potatoes,clooked peas,salt and add 2 glass of water and close the lid.
- Cook in a medium flame and saute in between.
- You will the masalas gets blended with the potato and peas to form a thick gravy.
- In this stage add the remaining butter,cook for 3-4 minutes and put off the flame and at last add fresh cream.
- You can either use normal potato/ baby potato.
- Cook the paste in low flame to avoid getting burnt in sides.
- Do not add more water as the vegetables are already cooked.
- If you are adding the substitute for fresh cream (I use beaten milk layer ) add along with butter to get cooked.