Pudhina/Mint leaves are the highly flavored of all the greens and spinach. Because of this aroma they stimulate the brain preventing from nausea.Pudhina is loaded with high amount of antioxidants and phyto-nutrients relieving the stomach cramps and acidity. They have anti-inflammatory properties and acts as a skin-cleanser too. Also they are highly rich in calcium. They fights against tooth decay and widely used in mouth fresheners.
Water -2 cups
|Mint Biryani with Raita|
1. Heat oil in the pressure pan, add bay leaf, thin sliced onions and saute until the raw smell goes off.
2. Add tomatoes and cook until mushy.
3. Now add in the grinded paste, reduce the flame to simmer and fry well till the raw smell goes off.
4. Meanwhile grind the mint and coriander to fine paste and add to the gravy.Keep frying till the oil starts oozing out of it.
5. Add the washed rice, 2 cups of water and required salt. Mix well and close the lid to get pressure cooked for 2 whistles.
6. Once the pressure is down, give a gentle mix such that the rice do not get broken.
7. Serve hot with onion raita. For raita chop all the ingredients into fine pieces and mix with curd.
- If you require add a glass of coconut milk instead water.
- Adding water to cook Basmati rice always depends on the variety you use. But general measurement would be 2 cups of water for 1 cup of rice
- I used Daawat variety adding 2 cups of water. If it is for pulao you can reduce 1/4 cup of it.