When we say dosa,we can finger-out the counts who dislikes it. Dosa is one of the favorite dish for both south Indians and North Indians at the most, as far I have come across people. In the same time I would always love to order Rava dosa in special for my breakfast/dinner menus in hotel. So I was trying out different style of making rava dosa and the one which I learnt from my mother-in-law worked out the best.Here is the recipe to share with.
Idli/dosa batter -2 cups
Semolina/white rava/sooji -3/4 cup
Green chillies -2
Pepper -1 tsp
Jeera -1 tsp
Curry leaves -3
Coriander leaves -few
Salt as required
Oil as required
|Randomly crushed pepper & whole jeera|
- Finely chop the onion,chilli,curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Soak the rava in water for about 1 hour before use.
- Slightly crush the pepper and jeera randomly and add to the available batter.
- Heat oil in a pan,saute chopped chillies,curry leaves, onion,coriander leaves for just 1 minute and transfer to the batter.
- Also add in the soaked rava,salt and pour required water until you get slight free flow/water consistency. Now the batter is ready to use.
|Rava dosa with pepper crunch|
8. Serve hot with chutney of your choice.
- Do not turn over the other side of the dosa to cook.
- The consistency should be free flowing to pour from the sides.
- Coconut chutney would be an excellent combination for rava dosa always.
- Actually I made everything ready to prepare coconut chutney, but…..I didn’t notice that coconut not available at my home. So I prepared this simple tomato chutney for which I will post the recipe soon.