Here I used parboiled red rice to make this powder for babies. Red rice takes long time to get cooked and it will be a time consuming process when preparing for babies. Also we have to concentrate daily in soaking the rice previous night. So this powder helps during immediate requirement.
Parboiled red rice -1 cup
|Parboiled red rice soaked & Air dried|
- Wash the rice twice and soak with drinking water for about 10 hours or overnight.
- Drain the water completely and allow it to dry in shade to remove the water if present.
- Then dry roast the rice in thick kadai/pan For about 15 minutes in low flame.
- Allow it to cool and make a fine powder using a blender.
- This can be stored in a container to make porridge for infants,diabetes,sick patients.
|After grinding in a blender|
|Red Rice Powder|
- Dry roast in pan until the heat gets transferred evenly.
- Instead of cooking white rice,this rice provides more nutrient for the infants and elders.
- I will soon update with the recipes using this red rice powder for infants.