As stated earlier…recipe of this tomato chutney in simple way came along when I was about to prepare coconut chutney,which would be an excellent combination for rava dosa always. I made everything ready to prepare coconut chutney and Rava dosa in that fine morning for our breakfast, but…..I didn’t notice that coconut not available at my home My hubby was ready for his breakfast and time to leave for office. What’s the side dish to serve????? Chopping anything and cooking will of course take time. So made thus chutney with just sambar powder when I made dosa the other side.
Sambar powder -3 tsp
Oil -2 tbsp
Mustard -1/4 tsp
Salt as required
- Wash and grind the ripened tomatoes in a blender.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard and let it splutter.
- Add tomato paste, sambar powder,salt and stir in between until raw smell goes off.
- You can keep waiting for about 8 minutes to get this chutney ready near the dosa to be served.
|Simple tomato chutney|
- You can add a punch of asafoetida if you like the flavor.
- Use gingelly oil it gives a better taste for this type of chutneys.
- Make sure you use ripened tomatoes.