When we come to the word pickle, many concern about the health factors, because according to nutritional pyramid,pickles has to consumed in a very less quantity. As we all know amla is the richest store house of vitamin C and here is a sweet version of pickle from amla. Also consuming this pickle does not show a great impact on health as you are soaking the amla and making the pickle just by sauteing not cooking/frying in oil. So you can say this in short as ” Healthy pickle “. If you are more concern about health concern reduce the oil and refrigerate the pickle after use.
Amla soaked in salt water -8
Jaggery -2 tbsp
Gingelly oil -2 tbsp
Mustard -1/2 tsp
Red chilli -1
Salt -a pinch
Red chilli powder -1 tsp
Fenugreek powder -3 pinches
Asafoetida/hing -1 pinch
|Sweet Amla pickle|
- Soak the amla in salt and a pinch of turmeric powder for 6 days.
- After 6 days drain out the water and wash the amla and wipoe out the excess water over it.
- Click the link for soaked amla
- Then cut the amla into slices.
- Heat oil in thick kadai/pan,fry mustard,red chilly and fry well.
- Add asafoetida and sliced amla,red chilli powder and keep frying.
- Once they are half cooked, add jaggery and sprinkle little salt. Now keep sauting in between.
- Finally add the fenugreek powder and transfer to a container.
- This pickle tastes good with curd rice,curd semiya or pickle lovers can eat just like that.
|Sweet Amla Pickle|
- This pickle does not require much time to cook as the amla is already made soft soaking in salt water.
- Cook in a medium flame to avoid burning smell.
- If you want to eat directly reduce oil and red chilli powder and add little more jaggery to give sweet taste.
- To make fenugreek powder,dry roast fenugreek in pan and grind to a fine powder.
- For more health benefits of Amla Click Here
|Amla soaked and then sliced|