I have posted earlier the ” Millet dosa batter ” which is the basic requirement for making dosa using millet. As you all know millet are the small group of cereals which has been used traditionally over centuries. Here is a simple tip or even a recipe I can say,which adds additional taste and nutrition to the dosa made out of the millet.
Millet dosa batter -1 bowl
Jeera -1/4 tsp
Pepper -1/4 tsp
Carrot – 1/2
Coriander leaves finely chopped -2 tbsp
Channa dal + urad dal -1/2 tsp (optional)
- Crush the pepper randomly (as you do for Rava dosa ),grate the carrot,finely chop the onions.
- Heat oil in a pan,add channa dal,urad dal and fry golden brown.
- Now add onions, carrot and saute for about a minute.
- Transfer these fried ingredient to the batter,also add the jeetra,crushed pepper, chopped coriander and mix the batter well .
- Make fine dosas and serve hot with onion chutney,instant tomato chutney,onion chutney with tomato of your choice.
|Millet’s dosa with onion chutney|
- For Millet dosa chutneys stated above gives a better combination.
- You can make plain dosas also.