Paniyaram is one of the very tasty item of Tiffin menus. Also this is one of the famous traditional South Indian special.It is cooked with droplets of oil added in the small holes of the pan. Though some people grind separate batter for making paniyaram, I don’t. Generally after using the idli batter for two days, the remaining batter is ready to make paniyaram. Though it can be done with plain balls usually, the posted recipe or you can say even a tip to make a healthy tiffin item all the time we cook. This would be a healthy choice of breakfast both for infants and adults.
Idli/Dosa batter – 1 bowl
Grated carrot – 3/4 cup
Chopped corainder leaves – 1/2 cup
Oil as required
Salt as required
1. To the batter add grated carrot and finely chopped coriander.
2. Add little salt and required water and mix well.
3. Heat the paniyaram pan and add drops of oil evenly in all space. Add about 1 spoon of batter in all holes. let it cook for 2 minutes.
4. Flip the other side and allow to cook for about another 2 minutes.
5. Transfer all the balls to a bowl and serve hot either plain or chutney of your choice.
- Adding water is required only if the batter is too thick. So you can add about 1/2 cup of water.
- You can also add tempering of onion,channa dal,urad dal but I avoided in order to make a simple and quick healthy paniyaram.
- Onion chutney would be a best combination for paniyaram always. So I feel its better to skip other chutneys.
- Flip carefully using the stick provided to avoid smudging.
|Simple & healthy paniyaram
Sharing is Caring, So please share