Coconut chutney is a spicy and simple South Indian side dish for idli/dosa and is the best combo with Sambar as a side dish. Coconut chutney is a good combination with uthappam, medhu vada,bajji, bonda and many snack item. Coconut chutney is prepared in many ways and this is perfect method of preparing coconut chutney I would say.
|Chutney with Tempering
Coconut -1 cup
Ginger -1/2 inch sized
Green chilli -2
Coriander leaves -1 tbsp
Roasted gram dal (Pottu kadalai) -1 tsp
Salt as required
Oil -1 tbsp
Mustard -1/4 tsp
Urad dal -1 tsp
Curry leaves -5 to 6
Dry red chilli -1 (optional)
1. Wash and add all the ingredients to grind in a blender ans grind them to a coarse paste.
2. Heat oil in a tadka pan, add the ingredients given under tempering fry.
3. Add hot into the chutney and mix well. Serve with either Idly/Dosa of our choice.
- Do not grind the chutney to a very fine paste.
- You can also add curry leaves in health concern, but that would give you a blunt/change in the taste.
- Avoid adding garlic,onion or tamarind to the chutney as these ingredient doesn’t suit for green chutney.
- These ingredients can be added when preparing coconut chutney using dry chillies.
Sharing is Caring, So please share