Making curd as a side dish for Dosa is a simple/fastest method of preparing side dish traditionally. When there is very short period of time to think for preparing chutneys or more curd available at home, Had too much for my lunch so just wanted a light food like Idli/Dosa, Wanted to feed your baby a flavorful curd…….here is the best and simple way to make your side a simple and cooling. This recipe has been followed in my family over decades and it tastes best for those who loves curd at any time of meal.
Curd -1 big cup
Shallots/Onions (finely chopped) – 3 tbsp
Channa dal -1/4 tsp
Urad dal -1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds – 2 pinches
Green chillies -1 or 2
Curry leaves – few
Coriander leaves – 3 tbsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt as required
1. Heat oil and add mustard. Let it splutter. Then add channa dal,urad dal and fry golden brown.
2. Add finely chopped onion/shallots, curry leaves, slit green chillies and fry with a pinch of salt.
3. Now add finely chopped coriander leaves and saute just for half a minute and put off the flame.
4. Transfer this fried ingredients to the fresh curd.
5. Mix well and add required salt and mix well.
6. Serve either with dosa or idly.
|Curd as Best Side dish for Carrot Dosa
- Do not add the curd inside the frying pan and heat which will results in curdling.
- Always use fresh curd for this which will give the original taste.
- Avoid using sour curd (I will soon update with the recipe of using sour curd in preparing curries)
- This goes well with carrot dosa. Click the link to know more about the recipe.