I had a bunch of spring onion with no idea what to cook with it. We usually do Sambar using the spring onions. But I cant use the whole bunch and the rest would go waste. Planned chapati for dinner and felt to give a try to use them there. So no step wise pictures are clicked. Though no pics I wanted to share this different recipe who loves to use spring onions in regular basis. Also felt I would also have a copy for my future use… Yes am sure I would forget the proper stepwise method when days pass by…. Here is the recipe of the same named as Potato Spring onion masala/Curry or how you name it..
Potato – 3
Spring onion -1 bunch full
Onion – 3
Garlic – 3 pods
Green chilli -1
Clove Cinnamon powder – less than 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder – 2 tsp
Dhania powder – 3 tsp
Salt as required
Oil- 4 tbsp
|Potato gravy with Spring Onion
- Peel off the skin, wash the potatoes and chop them into fine medium slices.
- Wash and finely chop the spring onions(both green and white part) and keep aside to use at the last.
- Crush the garlic, finely chop the onions, Tomato, slit the chilli.
- Heat oil in a thick kadai, add onions and fry until golden brown. Then add the tomatoes and cook until mushy.
- Now add all the powder and saute in low flame until the raw smell goes off.
- Now add the potatoes, 1-2 cups water and salt. Close the lid and let it cook soft.
- When they turn out to be a gravy consistency add the spring onions and mix well.
- Serve either with Roti/Chapati/Phulka of your choice.
|Spring onion Potato masala
- Avoid coriander leaves as they might spoil the original flavor of spring onions.
- You can also avoid white part of spring onions if you don’t like the uncooked smell of onion or you can even add and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add adequate water only for the potatoes to get cooked. Take care not to be too watery.
Sharing is Caring, So please share