Sweet corn is a starchy vegetable which acts as functional food. Starchy means it is high in carbohydrate content. Functional means it contains multiple nutrients that can bring benefits to the body. When it comes to the dish sweet corn serves as side dish, ingredients in soups and salads and so on…Sweet corn when combined with other food, you can boost up the nutrient content even more. Here I have posted with a recipe of soup out of sweet corn.Soups would always be an anytime energy boosters with packed health benefits.
Sweet corn -2 cup
Milk -1/2 cup
Corn flour – 1 tsp
Butter -1 tsp
Ginger (finely chopped) -2 pinch
Bay leaf – 1
Carrot (finely chopped) -1 tbsp
White Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Salt as required
1. Cook the sweetcorn, finely chop the garlic,carrot,ginger and keep aside.
2. Separate the cooked corn into two parts as 3/4 and 1/4 th. Grind 3/4 th corn to a coarse paste and keep aside the second half to use later.
3. Heat a pan and add a tsp of butter and let it melt.
4. Add Bay leaf, chopped ginger, garlic and saute until raw smell goes off.
5. Now add the grinded corn,milk and required amount of water (check for the consistency)
6. When it starts boiling add the chopped carrot and second half of the cooked corn.
7. Allow it to boil on low flame and add required salt.
8. Add white pepper powder, mix the tsp of corn flour with little water and add to it. (adding cornflour is to thicken the consistency of soup)
9. After allowing it to boil for about 5 minutes and put off the flame. Transfer to a serving bowl.
|Sweet Corn Soup|
- Adding ginger is purely optional, I added in my soup to aid digestion.
- You can also replace white pepper with black pepper,but white pepper tastes good for creamy form of soups.
- Adding corn flour is also optional,because it is aaded to bring the consistency.
- If the soup is found more watery then a tsp of corn flour mix can be added, else skip it.
- Based on digestive concerns, this soup can be given for infants after 1.5 years or even later.
|Creamy Sweet Corn Soup|