First I should really thank aunty of my friend to teach me this recipe.. Ammama… So sweet of you for giving this lovely yumm recipe of Ridge gourd. I really ask each one of the taste buds to please try and feel the different taste of Andra origin. I was in a hurry to pack my things to leave for native but I cant miss out trying this recipe in front of her to get the right consistency of recipe. So got a ridge gourd even in the urgency of my travel to prepare for my family.
Ridge gourd – 1 big size
Onion – 2
Green chillies – 3
Jeera/cumin seeds – 2 tsp
Rice (boiled rice) – 200 gms (soak 3 hours before use)
Water – 1/2 glass
Salt as required
Oil as required
1. Peel off the green part of ridge gourd completely and chop into very fine pieces.
2. Also finely chop the onion as shown in the picture
3.Squeeze out the water from ridge gourd and keep aside.
4. Add chopped onion, green chillies, jeera/cumin seeds, salt and keep aside.
5. Mean while grind the soaked rice by adding little water. (I used my water bottle cap for adding water-added 2.5 cups)
6. The ground rice paste should be in this form as paste.
7. Mix in all the chopped ingredients and mix well.
8. Heat adequate amount of oil in a tawa/dosa pan.
9. Add a handful of batter and spread well like adai/dosa. Also spray little oil on to the sides if required.
10. Cook in medium flame and flip other side to become golden brown.
11. Serve hot with rice or just like that as evening light tiffin or snack.
|Ridge gourd Dosa|
- Take care not add more water while grinding. I used water bottle cap.you can also just sprinkle the water and grind to a paste.
- The batter should be thick not watery/free flowing.
- Adjust green chillies according to your taste.
- Also adding oil depends on your requirement. but I found this more tastier adding more oil.
|Consistency of the batter|
|Beerakai/Ridge gourd Adai|