This is a small tip for storing the aromatic spices to use when preparing gravies and Biryani. My sister (Anitha)suggested me to try out and you can ask “we add full clove and cinnamon when preparing these kind of dishes and why do we need this??? I asked the same question and reply was “just try”. Though we add whole spices, adding this powder gives a great aroma. Also you can skip the use of garam masala in situations you need the dishes to be with mild flavor. So just powder the 2 spices and store for future use.
Though we all know that spices are added in our dishes mainly for flavor but apart from that they have a tremendous health benefits behind.
Health benefits of Clove:
Helps in preventing
- Tooth ache
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Cough and breath
- Morning sickness
- Cold and relieves from stress
Health benefits of Cinnamon:
- Controls Blood sugar level
- Reduces uncomfortable feeling associated with “Irritable Bowel Syndrome”
- very effective in inhibiting bacterial growth hence widely used as food preservative too.
- Acts as Weight reducer by thinning your blood thereby increasing blood circulation
- Cinnamon may be an excellent cure for depression
Cinnamon – 1 cup
Clove – 1/2 cup
Just grind together the clove and cinnamon in a blender to a very fine powder and store.
Dishes where Clove Cinnamon powder can be used :
Suggested in making Biryani’s, Pulao, any side dish like gravies for Roti/Chapati, when making stuffing for Sandwiches and samosas or cutlets,many more of your choice where you would like mild aroma.
Sharing is Caring, So please share