But preparing a same of curries using tomatoes would also be boring sometimes. So here is another simple and a quick recipe of preparing a tomato chutney using an additional ingredient of brinjal.
This chutney is in very plain taste without much of spices and hence can be preferably served for kids and infants when starting with solid food.
|Tomato Brinjal chutney|
- The ratio of tomato brinjal would be 2:1
- Take take to chop the brinjal and tomato in big pieces so that it would be easy to smash smooth.
- Do not add more water as the chutney becomes watery,which would change the consistency and taste.
- If you want add chilli powder for spice,but i prefer the flavor of green chillies for spice.
- You can prepare this chutney for infants from their 8th month without adding chilli.
- Earlier I have posted on a similar recipe of Potato chutney for infants
- when cooking for infants just skip chilli and add very less oil.