We usually add diced/chopped capsicum along with other vegetable gravies /rice varieties.I got to know about this simple method of making a gravy out if capsicum from my co-sister,where in she had learn t from her aunt. The time I tried this I just typed out the step of preparation and all these days the recipe was staying in my draft but regular in my side dish menu of chapatis
My pleasure completes when sharing with my friends this simple healthy recipe of capsicum which has wide range of health benefits.
Health Benefits of Capsicum:
Capsicum is also called as Bell pepper and is available in different colors like yellow, green, red. Apart from imparting flavour and attractiveness to the bland dishes, Capsicum is loaded with nutrients like Vitamin A, C and K, Carotenoids and dietary fiber,which makes them immense beneficial for over all health.
Onion – 3
Coriander powder – 4 tsp
Chilli powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp (optional)
Oil -3 tbsp
Salt – 2tsp
1. Finely chop the onion and capsicum
2. Heat oil in a pan and add jeera.
3. Add onions and saute until translucent.
4. Add the capsicum and mix well.
5. Now addall the spices powder and stir well until the masalas mix evenly.
6. Now clsoe the pan with lid and reduce the flame to low.
7. Open the lid once in 3 minutes and give a fine stir. This will make the capsicum cooked evenly.
8. Again close the close and cook until oil oozes out.
9. Transfer to a bowl and serve hot with phulka/chapathi/Roti of your choice.
- Take care to cook in low flame,else the vegetable tend to burn easily as we are not adding water.
- Give a stir in between to get cooked evenly.
- Do not add green chilli as they change the aroma and original tatse of capsicum.
- Also do not add mustard seeds, coriander leaves and curry leaves too. I tried adding the previous time but it doesnt taste great.
- The vapors from steam gives the required moisture content for the capsicum to get cooked soft. You can just sprinkle a little if required.
- I used medium sized onion, if the onions are big then add 2 nos.
Sharing is Caring, So please share