This method of preparing coriander rice has become regular in my cooking after I got recipe from my friend Radhai during college days. This recipe is purely her moms way of cooking coriander rice with fine touch of fried potatoes. Am sure that this recipe of coriander rice would be purely different from what we prepare regularly.
Coriander leaves – 1 cup
Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
Green Chilli – 2
Potato -1 (Half cooked in pressure cooker, peel off skin and chopped)
Cumin seeds / Jeera – 1 tsp
Cooked Rice – 1 cup
Oil – 3 tbsp
Ghee – 1 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
1. Set your ingredients ready. Whole chilli, chopped coriander leaves.
2. Heat oil in a pan and fry well the coriander leaves and chilli.
3. Once they get fried well add to the mixer jar along with grated coconut.
4. Give only 2 pulse in mixer to get in coarse form (as shown in pic). DO NOT grind to a paste.
5. Heat oil in kadai, add cumin seeds,let it splutter. Then add finely chopped onions and fry until translucent.
6. Now add the chopped potatoes and fry well in low flame.
7. When you feel that potatoes are cooked well and turn golden brown add the grinded mixture.
8. Add salt and keep stirring the mix in low flame until u get a fine aroma.
9. Now add in the cooked Rice and mix well.
10. Finally add a tsp of ghee.
11. Serve hot with curd or any raita of your choice.
|Kothamalli Saadham/ Malli Rice
- You can also add cashews while frying the onions.
- I used pearl onion/ shallot. You can use big onions too.
- Do not fully cook the potato as they gets smudge while frying and you cannot get the fried taste of potato.
- This is an important tip to be taken care when cooking the potato which adds taste to the dish.
- If you are health conscious, reduce the quantity of coconut and increase the amount of coriander leaves added.
- Do not chop the chilli, else they tend to burn by the time coriander leaves are fried.
Sharing is Caring, So please share