After a fine Lunch and roaming around in the evening…back to home.tummy need of homemade rasam….:( what to do !! Time is 10 o’clock Good I have soaked the rice for dinner while starting out. So that was the right time I picked up this simple method of preparing rasam which can be made ready in just two minutes. Hope it might be useful…
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Mustard – 2 pinches
Asafoetida/ Hing / Kaayam – 2 pinches
Oil – 1 tsp
Water – 2 cups
Tomato – 2
Tamarind – 1 inch size
Curry leaves -1 stick
Coriander leaves – 1 tsp
Garlic – 2 -3 pods
Peppercorns – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds/ Jeera – 1 tsp
1. Grind all the ingredients given under grind to a fine paste.
2. Heat oil in pan, add mustard, Asafoetida and pour the grinded paste and pour the water.
3. Add turmeric powder and salt. Mix well and allow to boil for 2 minutes.
4. When it boils garnish with coriander leaves.
5. Transfer to a serving bowl.
You can also add rasam powder if you wish.
Since I have added more of pepper corns i have not added chilli. You can also reduce the pepper and add a chilli while frying mustard.