Am a great lover of coconut chutney served in hotels. I order more of side dish when compared to the main course when it comes for white coconut chutney. Trying out the recipe from a long time collecting the ingredient from all cooking queens and finally the recipe which my cousin sister gave me turned out perfect. Here is the recipe which I wanted to share with my friends in this blog page.
Fresh Coconut – 1 cup
Fried/Roasted gram dal- 1 tsp
Green chilli – 1/2
Salt as required
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard – 1 tsp
1. Grind all the above given ingredients to a fine paste.
2. Do the seasoning and pour hot into the chutney.
3. Serve with Hot Idlis
|White Coconut chutney
- Use the fresh coconut for making this chutney.
- You can either grate or chop the coconut before use.
- Do not add any other ingredient other than mentioned above as the taste tend to change even with a pinch of other ingredient.
- The chutney should not be too thick or watery. Check the consistency and add water for grinding.
Sharing is Caring, So please share