Sorghum/Jowar/Chollam is one of the ancient cereal grain which has wide range of health benefits. This grain is in major said to be gluten free and has high nutritional value with high levels of unsaturated fats, protein, fiber and are rich in minerals. They also contain antioxidants in high amount when compared to blueberries and pomegranates.
Sorghum/Chollam -2 cups
Dosa rice -1 cup
Urad dal – 1/2 cup
Fenugreek – 1 tsp
Curry leaves -1 handful
Asafoetida -1/4 tsp
Jeera -1 tsp
Dry chilli – 2
Shallots – 8-9
Salt as required
1. Wash the rice, sorghum,urad dal and soak after adding fenugreek seeds for about 8 hours or overnight.
2. Set aside the ingredients to grind with.
3. Grind the soaked ingredients with Curry leaves, Dry chilli,Shallots and cumin seed.
4. At this stage ( when half grinded) add the asafoetida and grind until the smooth.
5. Transfer to a vessel,add salt,mix well and keep covered. Set aside undisturbed for at-least 6 hours for fermentation.
6. After fermentation the batter raises up (like shown in the picture). Mix well and you can make fine healthy dosa out of it.
7. Mix well and refrigerate using a container.
|Ready to Use batter
- Serve hot with onion chutney,Tomato chutney or coconut chutney. Click here for more chutney recipes.
- You can skip onion if you do not like the smell.
- You can also add chopped shallots to the batter just before making dosas.
- Other millet’s like pearl millet (bajra/kambu), Ragi can also be grinded in the same proportion.
|Sorghum dosa Batter
Sharing is Caring, So please share