This method of making cauliflower fry is very simple and plain without adding any masala and sauces. I also prefer this method of recipe nowadays to avoid sauces and ketch ups in the menu of my son Previously I have posted a similar method of preparing cauliflower chilli using sauces. This is an easy method of preparing a starter.
Cauliflower florets – 1 bowl
Corn flour – 4 -5 tbsp
Cooking soda – 1 pinch (optional)
Kashmiri Red chilli powder -3 tbsp
Curd – 2 tbsp
Ginger – 1/2 inch
Garlic – 3 cloves
Salt – 1 tsp
Oil for frying
Finely chopped onions for serving
1. Clean the florets.
2. Add about 1/2 cup water and steam for about 2 minutes.
3. Drain the water completely and keep aside.
4. Grind corn flour ginger, garlic, curd, Red chilli powder, salt and soda to a fine paste.
5. Marinate the cauliflower florets for about 1-2 hour.
6. Heat oil in kadai and deep fry.
7. Drain out in separate kadai and pat out oil droplets.
8. Serve with finely chopped onions.
- Serving onion along with chilli/65/fries is to avoid deposition of cholesterol
- Steaming of cauliflower makes it to fry fast and we can avoid complete deep fried. Take care not to cook completely.
- You can also pat dry using a clean cloth after draining the water.
- You also also spread in a tissue paper while serving to take out excess oil if any.
- Always prefer using groundnut oil for cooking & frying.
- Red chilli powder is added to avoid adding food colors. You can also try using Tikalal
Sharing is Caring, So please share