Khichadi is one of the easily digestible form of food for infants and babies. This khichadi is quite healthy and tasty too as it is roasted with spray of ghee and cooked onions and coriander leaves. By preparing khichadi in this method you can add the benefits of coriander leaves for your little ones,because we mostly avoid adding more of coriander leaves to the dishes when preparing for kids. Yes..!!! because it may interrupt in mouth while eating.
This recipe I learnt from my friend. Thanks Ramya for the wonderful healthy recipe. I came to know about this method of cooking just recently… By the time my son crossed more than two years and I really missed this khichadi for my son
Semolina/Sooji/ white rava – 1/4 cup
Water – 3 cups
Ghee – 2 tsp
Onion – 1
Coriander leaves – 3 tbsp (very finely chopped)
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Mustard – 1/4 tsp
Oil -1 tsp
1. Heat ghee and roast the rava/sooji/Semolina in low flame for 2-3 minutes and keep aside.
2. Finely chop the onion and coriander leaves.
3. Heat oil in same kadai, add mustard and let it splutter.
4. Add onions and fry well until they become translucent.
5. Add water, salt and let it boil well.
6. Now add coriander leaves.
7. Allow it to boil well fro about 4 minutes,until the leaves are cooked.
8. Add the Semolina and keep mixing by reducing the flame to simmer.
9. Keep mixing in between to avoid forming clumps. Finally add the remaining ghee.
10. Transfer to a serving bowl, allow it to cool and feed.
- Do not add the stem of coriander leaves, just pick up the leaves as they get cooked soft.
- The semolina consumes more water to get cooked. In the picture I added 1 cup less water but mentioned you the right proportion in the ingredient list.
- If you feel that you didn’t pour enough water, boil water separately in a bowl and then add to it.
- Do not add any additional ingredients as you will really miss the taste of the khichidi.
- This khichidi is not only for kids but even I and my hubby loved a lot.
|Semolina Simple Khichidi
Sharing is Caring, So please share