As usual searching for a change in making dosa by using carrot. Because carrot is one of the richest source of Vitamin A, I always store a considerable quantity of carrot in my refrigerator.So that I can either make a kheer, grate and add while making dosa, paniyaram, raitas and many more dishes…. This is another simple recipe of making dosa using carrot.
Also check other carrot dosa recipes:
Dosa batter – 1 cup
Carrot – 2
Onion – 3
Pepper corns -1 tsp
Ginger – 1/4 inch
Curry leaves – 1 stick
Channa dal – 2 tsp
Urad dal – 1 tsp
Mustard – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Oil – 3 tbsp
1. Finely chop onions,grate the carrot,chop coriander leaves, ginger and curry leaves finely.
2. Heat oil in pan, fry mustard seeds, channa dal and urad dal until golden brown.
3. Add chopped ginger,curry leaves and peppercorns.
4. Add onions and fry until translucent.
5. Add coriander leaves and carrot
6. Fry well adding salt. Cook in medium flame until carrot becomes soft.
7. Transfer the content into batter.
8. Mix well and set aside.
9. Heat tawa, sprinkle some water and spread a fine dosa with one laddle of batter. Spread a tsp of oil all around.
10. After 2 minutes flip on the other side to get cooked.
11. Once done transfer to a serving plate. Serve with any chutney of your choice else enjoy just plain carrot dosa.
- Cook in medium flame else in low flame the dosa will not get cooked properly and in high flame tend to burn easily.
- No great special tips to be taken care other than flipping other side carefully.
- Click here to know more about chutney recipes
Sharing is Caring, So please share