Like opposite poles.. My hubby is a lover of pudhina (mint) where I slide towards coriander leaves. But when it comes for cooking preference anybody will surely prefer choice of hubby,by the same time two separate chutneys cant be made all the time and even I wanted to add in my diet the abundant health beneficial mint leaves.So this recipe was a good choice.
- Calm down stomach cramps.
- Helps to beat acidity and controls flatulence
- Fights against acne and helps to promote skin glow
- Helps in fighting against oral infections
- Good releif source for cough and cold
- Relieves morning sickness in pregnant
- Relieves menstural cramps and pain
- Boosts up immunity and control stress
- Adding tomato is purely optional as you are adding tomato. I added just to change the smell of pudhina.
- This chutney goes well with dosa and its was really superb when mixed with white rice.
- Do not cook/fry in low flame. This tend to burn the pudhina/Mint leaves and to loss its nutrients.
- Try to use Black urad dal and crystal salt in preparing the recipe in concern with health benefit.
- You can also replace balck with white urad dal.
|PUDHINA TOMATO CHUTNEY|