- Do not cook the paniyaram in high or low flame. Always cook in medium flame.
- Do not compromise in oil as adding oil brings original taste and crispiness.
- Unless it is cooked do not flip the other side because it will not give you the crispy brown color when you try to cook again.
- Serve hot with Onion or Kaara chutney a best choice.
- You can also add onions,carrot, fried tadka to the batter and make paniyaram. You can also check for Carrot Paniyaram
Kuzhi Paniyaram | Tips for perfect Paniyaram
Kuzhi Paniyaram is a tasty and crispy form of traditional dish originated from our ancestors. This dish tastes crispy and spongy when prepared using additional quantity of oil added in iron tawa. Nowadays non stick paniyaram pans are available. Though it is non stick adding at-least little amount of oil makes the paniyaram crispy.
Soft Idli Batter – Set ready with your Idli/Dosa batter. The batter should not be watery,just free flowing. Check the link for the proportion to make Soft Idlis.
1. For making paniyaram use a medium size spoon to take batter else batter might come out of the deep hole.
2. Heat the pan, add a tbsp of oil.Take a spoon of batter and pour in the pan. Let it cook in medium flame.
3. After some 3-4 minutes flip the balls on other side and cook.
4. Take out using the stick one by one and repeat the process.
5. Serve hot.
Sharing is Caring, So please share