There is always a wrong concept that eating oranges and melons during winter would cause cold and cough. But nature has proved the concept indifferent way by providing us these fruits during winter season which means our body need to be supplemented with the seasonal fruits. Now its time for Oranges. I always prefer to eat in the form of fruit when compared to juices to get the complete nutrition and fiber. Even I have practiced my son the same. Cabbage salad prepared here is rich in Vitamin C with mixed scoop of vegetables and fruits. Really I felt happy when I tried this and turned out well and when my 3 year old kid loved this salad, my joy bounced still extreme. Hope you can also try and vitamin C would be really a supportive nutrient for body as they are rich in antioxidants.
Cabbage – 1 cup shredded in very thin pieces.
Orange – 1 peeled
Tomato – 1 finely chopped
Onion – 1/2
Coriander leaves – 1/2 tsp finely chopped
Lemon juice – 1/4 tsp
Salt -2 pinches
Pepper powder – 2-3 pinches
Method of Preparation:
- Shred the cabbage into thin slices.
- Set ready with flesh of orange, finely chopped tomatoes,onion.
- Mix all the above with salt and pepper powder.
- Garnish with lemon juice and coriander leaves.
Step by step Recipe :
I used my peeler to get this fine slices. You can also use the grater else sharp knife.
2. Set in all your ingredients ready
(shredded cabbage, chopped tomato without pulp, chopped onion and pulp of orange)
3. Add all the ingredients into a wide bowl.
4. Sprinkle some salt and pepper.
5. Mix well gently.
6. Add a tsp of finely chopped coriander leaves and squeeze 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
7. Mix well and serve right immediately in a bowl.
- Here all the ingredients added are mainly concerned with Vitamin C.
- Since the orange pulp tend to leave water content, prepare this salad just before consuming.
- Take care to remove the pulpy part of tomatoes.
- Also finely chop the veggies to get a crunchy taste.
- I used my peeler to shred the cabbage. you can also slice using knife else grate it.