- Repeated washing is required always for the leafy vegetables.
- This is a very good combo for rice as a poriyal/stir fry at lunch menu.
- Add salt only when it is half cooked, because the actual quantity of the greens gets reduced after cooking.
- When you cover and cook in simmer the steam formed will be adequate for the greens to get cooked. Else sprinkle required water.
- Adding more of onions gives a fine taste for the recipe, because this variety of greens is found to be slightly bitter.
|Manathakkali Keerai Poriyal|