This recipe of making a mixed rice pulao is from my friend Swati. She loves cooking healthy and so no choice of frying vegetables here!! Add it whole just give a quick stir add water and pressure cook. The method of preparing is quite simple and easy too. This recipe is of her own style and you cannot find elsewhere. So kindly make a try of it share your comments about this healthy recipe.
Rice (Sona masoori) – 2 cups
Water – 5 cups
Shallots – 1/2 cup (10-12 Nos)
Carrot – 1 medium sized
Potato – 1
Cashews – a handful
Ginger-Garlic paste – 3 tbsp
Biryani Masala powder – 2 tbsp
Jeera/Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Mustard – 1/2 tsp
Green chillies – 3
Curry leaves – few
Coriander leaves – a handful
Salt – 3 tbsp
Oil – 3 tbsp
Ghee – 2 tbsp
1. Heat the oil + ghee in pressure pan and add, mustard Jeera/cumin seed. Let it splutter, add cashews and fry until golden brown.
2. Grate the carrot, peel off skin and chop potatoes, whole shallots without chopping, slit green chillies, curry leaves and set ready.
3. Measure the sprouts, wash and set aside.
4. Once the cashews are golden brown add all the vegetable and sprouts which are set ready
5. Just mix for half a minute and add ginger garlic paste.
6. Mix well for 1 minute
7. Now add the rice and Biryani masala powder (you can find only a tsp for the whole rice)
8. Mix well.
9. Add water, chopped coriander leaves , salt and cover with lid.
10. Pressure cook for about 2 whistles.
11. Give a gentle mix so that the rice should not be mushy.
12. Healthy sprouts rice is ready to serve,
- If you do not have sprouts prepare the recipe with carrot and potato.
- Carrot is the important and essential ingredient of this recipe. So it can be prepared only with carrot which tastes similar.
- You can serve with just plain onion raita. Additional vegetables in the raita would give a blunt taste to the rice cooked.
- Do not add chilli powder or turmeric powder to this recipe which is a secret tip.
- I used sona masoori as per her advise. You can use normal ponni rice else basmati.
Sharing is Caring, So please share