Homemade butter will be my best choice always specially for its great aroma and flavor. Though we get ready made butter in shops, try these simple steps at our home to prepare your special cup of real butter. Here I have used the green color Nandhini (like aavin in Coimbatore) milk. Though we get blue,green and orange color packet(differentiated based on their fat content), I prefer the medium one.
Milk layer/ Thick milk cream – 1 cup collected
Wooden Churner (optional)
Method of Preparation:
6. Beat the cream moderately at high speed until it holds a soft peak. Increase speed to high and beat until mixture separates into thick, pale-yellow butter and thin, liquid buttermilk, about 5 minutes more.
- You can also add a tsp of salt and knead the butter before storing in an airtight container.
- This tastes similar to salted butter,which goes well with sandwiches and serves as bread spread too
- After rolling into smaller balls you can also refrigerate and then transfer to the bowl ( This is how I used to take my picture showing hard balls)
- You can just extract the thick,creamy butter just using a blender/mixer instead using wooden churner.
- But I used both as shown in step 6 and 8